Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A Look at Consumerism and Fragmentation

This last Sunday I preached at Calvary Chapel Bucharest on finding our main identity in life as disciples of Jesus. During the sermon I read Luke 9:23 - Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." After reading this verse I shared on two things I think that make it difficult today to really follow Jesus- consumerism and fragmentation. Here are some links to articles I have read recently on these two subjects.

Consumerism
iChurch: All We Like Sheep

What the Church is Doing Right, Part 1

What the Church is Doing Right, Part 2

Take Nothing for the Journey: A Fresh Look at Church Health

From Lord to Label: How Consumerism Undermines Our Faith

Fragmentation

The Pathetic Segmented Life

The Answer is Jesus





No comments: