Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reflections: Looking Back - Looking Forward

For the last Sunday of 2008 four people shared. Florin started sharing with a look at some of the things that had happened over the past year. Then Jean and Elena, who are from our church and are attending the Calvary Chapel Bible College in Hungary, shared what God has been teaching them at school. I finished our time by sharing for 15 minutes, in English with Romanian translation, with a few reflections from the past and then sharing our vision for our church for the next year. We are calling 2009 "The Year of the Gospel" and will make a serious effort to focus on knowing, living and sharing the gospel. During the first month or so I will be reviewing what I went over in the gospel workshop with some additional materials and changes. After that we will go through the book of Romans as it is a book rich with the gospel.

At the end of the service we gave out a spiritual inventory survey to everyone and we will use the information from it to help us determine what we need to do as well as we will meet with each person and go over their survey with them. If anyone is interested in seeing the survey I put together you can email me and I will give you a copy. I have it in both English and Romanian.

If you would be interested in watching our Sunday sermons I have set up a channel on Vimeo- Calvary Chapel Bucuresti. When Florin teaches the sermons are in Romanian only but when I teach they are in English with Romanian translation.

No comments: